Many island staff crews keep logs to keep each other informed of current work-related events and reminders, which also leaves room for gossiping and recounting practical joke adventures. The following is a description from a night of bellhop pranks (which occurred while off-duty and crew bonding).
Erin 7:30 am: Recap of last night’s shenanigans
- put pink dress, big monster shoes, little girl shoes, maybe some other stuff in Janis and Amy’s room
- short sheeted Susan’s bed and woke up all of night crew
- hung out in Turtle and Dano’s room, blasted music, took a polaroid (they never came, we just confused some people)
- left an anonymous note at the desk for a wake up call at 6:00 am in Martin’s room
- put monkeys and other stuffed creatures in the rowboats.
- changed the names of all the waitrae name tags to things like Trogdor, poop head, doodie mc-fart, etc, oh yeah, and Bellhops rule!
- left a series of notes about “your mom” around pel hall [editor’s note: that year pel hall waitrae called themselves ‘the moms’]
- tried to pawn off non alcoholic beer
- made ourselves a plate [at the snack bar] from maintenance
- switcheroo-d the toothpaste.
- we are the best ever!
- we are so much cooler than night crew.
Check out other posts in our pranks series!